Saturday, March 3, 2012

C's Birthday Cake


I never use to like to cook or bake. I never thought anyone would ever use the words "she is a good cook" when referring to ME! Occasionally this has started happening and I am really surprised at myself!

Unfortunately-this cake was not one of my finer creations.

My good friend signed me up for a gift subscription of Better Homes and Gardens and in the latest magazine was a really yummy sounding recipe for Malted Milk Ball cake with Chocolate Malted frosting. It's making my mouth water just saying the title in my head!

I wanted to make something special for my husbands 35thy birthday and thought making a home made cake would really be nice. Baking cakes and making frosting from scratch takes a lot of time. I think I forgot why I usually just buy the cake mixes from the store! I thought it was all going pretty well. Well except for the fact that it's a bit lopsided...

And...when I cut into it the whole inside crumbled into a thousand pieces all over the counter top. The driest cake EVER people! I am not sure what happened! It still tasted good and the frosting was amazing, but it was such a bummer!

Have you ever spent a good amount of time on something only for it to turn out a disappointment?

No comments:

Post a Comment