Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pants

Today I sewed my first pair of pants! I haven't used my sewing machine since who knows when and have been wanting a pair of wrap pants for a while now. Most people probably have never seen these pants and apparently they were popular in the 60's or 70's (I can't remember which). They have a bit of a bohemian look to them. wide legged and flowy.

I made them following this tutorial. I am wearing them right now and will eventually get around to posting a pict. They are super comfortable. I think I might make a pair with sweat pants fabric for lounging around the house.

I would consider myself a complete beginner when it comes to using a sewing machine. The fact that I made these and they turned out good means it's very easy. I used a chocolate brown linen material and I think I will make another pair with a lighter(lighter as in weight) fabric.

PS.Just had a caramel brulee latte from Starbucks. tasty!

Good night....

1 comment:

  1. Is there anyhting you CAN'T do? You are so creative. I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete