Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grocery Shopping

For some this might be a no brainer but I just found a new way of grocery shopping that is blowing my mind.Well...I guess that is a little bit of an exaggeration.

I usually walk through the store and just buy whatever looks good. Not really considering exactly what I will make with the random items I buy. When I go to cook a randomly picked recipe I realize that I have about half of my ingredients and so I go back out and buy some more things. After years of doing this I end up with a lot of random stuff that doesn't get eaten especially vegetables. I mean I love vegetables but when you buy a bag of salad and never have a plan for when to eat it and with what I tend to eat something else and so it goes bad. I can't even begin to tell you how many bagged salads I have thrown away!
Ps-sorry for the over use of the word RANDOM

It sort of dawned on me to try and pick a few recipes and only buy what I really need along with a few extra items for snacks and lunch. The result-I am saving so much money. It does take a little bit of time to pick your recipes but for me I am finding it's worth the effort.

Just thought I would share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment