Sunday, January 3, 2010

The End of Christmas

Tonight I decided to take down our Christmas tree. It's fake so there is "taking down" involved.
It's kind of sad that this part of the year is over although the thought of a new year ahead is exciting I suppose.

If you haven't taken the plunge in taking down your tree and other holiday decorations than may I offer one piece of advice? Don't listen to the Swell Season while doing so! You will be forced to be sentimental about the past year and be reflecting on how you have to go back to work after being off for over a week. Well at least that is what it's doing to me.

I haven't had this much time off in quite a long time. It's been great. I have allowed myself to be lazy but I did some "work" around the house. I re-caulked around the bathtub, cleaned, cooked several new recipes(that was part fun too though), and continued to organize our new house(feels never ending!). I got to do lots of fun relaxing things also like- read Shanghai Girls by Lisa See(I highly recommend it), started reading Cold Mountain(I'm having a hard time getting into this one for some reason), saw Avatar in 3d, saw The Princess and the Frog, saw family and friends, went on a bike ride around my neighborhood, and got crafty by knitting and sewing a bit.

The thought of having to return to the daily grind tomorrow has me a bit depressed but because it's a new year I somehow feel hopeful and expectant to see what God has for us this new year. I feel like we were really blessed in 2009. We miraculously sold our house in 3 weeks in this yucky market, found an amazing house for a great price in a new town that I am loving, Christian was offered the position as Webmaster at Fellowship Bible Church, and I am continually blessed by being able to work part time at the church all the while having time to pursue extra hobbies and passions on the side. God is good. He is good even in the hard times as well and we have had some of that in 2009 too. Just a little though..thankfully.

I hope you all had a good year as well and here is to another good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment