Monday, October 12, 2009

Waves


I have been astounded lately by my inconsistent nature. Or maybe I should say inconsistent attitude..or thought life (I guess I don't know what you would call it). One moment I feel so sure that life will work its self out and that I don't need to worry and then the very next moment I worry like nobodies business and can't seem to find any hope. The smallest thing can set me off in either direction. This reminds me exactly of this verse- James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

I am like a wave tossed by the wind and it stinks!

Until I grow in this area I think that is why God gave me my husband. He is solid and dependable. He is not easily shaken or thrown off balance. When I start freaking out all it takes to bring me back to reality is him saying "it will be ok." I probably am gullible but I believe him every time. But the amazing miracle is that in the end everything does seem to work its self out. Maybe not in the way I would have imagined but it does. Which then makes me think of this verse-Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,for those who are called according to his purpose.

Now that I wrote this I am having one of those peaceful moments where I am reminded that God is in control even when I am not. The peaceful moment is also helped by my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte. Thanks be to God for peace and Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment