Friday, October 16, 2009

Converse


When I was in middle school and high school I often walked around wearing a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse shoes. I had black, red, and even a high top pair that had the American flag on them. Once I graduated high school I kind of felt like maybe I had grown out of those shoes-as if they were only made for teenagers. The funny thing though is that they seem to be having a comeback because not only do I see young people wearing them I see older people wearing them too. So-as I browsed around the shoe store a couple of days ago I walked up to the display of all the Chucks and let out a sigh and admired all the new colors they now come in. I was drawn to these magenta ones and ended up buying them. I love them! When I look at them I can't help but think of all my friends in 8th grade sitting around the table during wood shop with our Nirvana t-shirts, our flannel shirts, and Chucks. ohhh...memories....

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lindsey...those are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you blogged! :)
    I remember the exact outfit you are talking about :) BTW- Pioneer women is one of my fave blogs. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete