Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just a Few Things

It's been such a long while since I last made a post and I have so many random things that I would like to share. Can I fit them all into one post??? I may try.

* We spent about a week in Branson Missouri visiting family. It was a really fun time. Uncle Chris and aunt Lindsey(that's me) took our nieces and nephew roller skating one day. None of them had ever been to a skating rink before! I hadn't been on skates since maybe 8th grade so I was a little nervous, but it all came back to me and it was a blast.
side note-One of my nieces said to my other niece," I know uncle Chris is the cool uncle, but who is your favorite uncle?"   hahahaha......I love it!

* I have made a few new jewelry pieces from silver. 3 rings and 2 necklaces. I will probably show you those in the next post. I also recently went to a Bead and Jewelry show in Nashville which was supposed to have ALL KINDS of things. I knew it was at the fair grounds and I thought it would be huge. I coaxed my husband into going with me and when we got there it was only one rooms worth of beads. There were only 2 people selling cabochons(which is what I came for) and even they hardly had any to choose from. It was only a dollar to get in and I did buy 3 cabochons so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

* I have been thinking about starting another blog totally unrelated to crafts or jewelry making or any of that type of thing. Here is the thing-and I think this is why I haven't posted lately. I am a Christian and there is a whole other side of me that doesn't really get seen on this blog. Actually, I really don't share many personal things on here at all because for some reason I don't feel free to. It's like I have already established this blog, this place, as a place where I show new work and throw in a recipe every once in awhile. Where I keep things light. That is all fine and dandy, but lately there has been a lot going on in me spiritually. A huge stirring of the heart-maybe you know what I mean. I just sort of feel compelled to write out some of those thoughts and this just isn't that place. So, if you might be interested in joining me on another blog I will give you the web address as soon as I start it. I will keep posting on this one though because frankly I am OBSESSED with making things and love to share with you. Did I mention to you that I want to try and learn quilting...oh boy.

* I have been reading a lot lately. I never really grew up reading for fun. It felt like a chore. My husband has always been a reader and it has finally rubbed off on me. I love to read! The funny thing is that lately I have somehow found myself really interested in novels about Amish people. I didn't know they even existed because I really didn't think an Amish love story would make for a good read, but I am wrong. It's been interesting too to learn more about their beliefs and culture through these books. I just finished Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long. I think years ago if someone recommended something like this to me I would have made a point to NOT read it. This book really has a great love story and a great message about what it means to really love someone.

Alright-I think this is long enough, wouldn't you say? Have a wonderful Tuesday!

PS. I bought new sandals yesterday. I feel like a post needs a picture so here is this ones. Ha ha....don't mind my crooked toes. Feet are so weird aren't they?!?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey, glad you enjoyed Branson...when I lived in AR, we were about 1 1/2 hours south of there...it's a fun place to visit.

    I am such an avid reader also and the Amish and Mennonites are such interesting cultures.

    ReplyDelete