Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good Day

Today has been such a nice day full of friendship, iced coffee, and a wave of creativity.
I met a friend for lunch who is having a hard season in life. We chatted and had a real good honest talk about our friendship and the struggles she is having at the moment. I can relate to her in that I feel like I am stepping out of a hard season and entering into a nicer one. Thank you Lord! Would we appreciate life if it weren''t for the hard, dry, bare times that add contrast to the happy, easy, fun times? Also, the hard seasons seem to mold us and shape us into better people if we allow it. Allowing us growth if we choose it. Just thinking...

After, I grabbed an iced coffee to-go from my favorite local coffee shop. I just adore this place-The Red Lark cafe and the owners (also my neighbors). It's a small little shop that resides in a 100 year old house. So cozy and they always play music from the 1940's. They also allow me to sell some of my stuff there which I really appreciate. I sipped on it while driving home and once I got home I had sort of an -I have no idea what to do with myself moment. I sat at my little silver-smithing work station and decided to work on an idea that rolled over an over in my head while laying in bed last night.-side note- Why is it that I ALWAYS have lots of ideas while I am trying to go to sleep, but don't want to wake my husband by turning on the light to write the ideas down. So, I try with all my might to remember a few and this was one of them.

I am still very new at silver-smithing and am not always sure if I can make an idea actually work. I know it's not a complicated ring at all, but I knew I wanted a 3-d sort of flower and it took some finagling to make it work how I pictured in my mind. I am really happy with how it turned out and I think it's my favorite thing that I have made so far. I think I might play around with some more 3-d type flowers in future stuff. Another side note- I want to turn every stone into a ring. Not a necklace or bracelet-just rings. I don't know why, but I love making rings.


No comments:

Post a Comment