Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Bracelets!

I'm not sure if you can tell from my blog, but I love doing/learning every kind of craft under the sun. Well, everything except scrap booking. Not sure why that one doesn't appeal to me???

The other day I taught myself how to make these really pretty bracelets after seeing them around everywhere. I was just watching a show on tv tonight where a girl was wearing one.

Apparently they are called Chan Luu style bracelets and to buy the "real" ones you will easily shell out over $100 for one that wraps around the wrist a few times. The materials are pretty cheap unless you use some more expensive beads, but they do take a lot of time and patience to create. You are pretty much weaving beads between two pieces of leather cord.


The one above wraps around the wrist 3 times.

I recently bought some really pretty beads from Bedazzled here in Nashville and I wanted to make a few bracelets with the cheaper beads until I got the hang of it. I really like how they turned out and I plan on making some more in different colors.

I also have been playing around with a few simple ideas for bracelets. Here are a few I made.

These are adjustable and have beads strung on a piece of sterling silver filled wire.

Anyways, besides all this type of thing I have been crocheting up a storm as well. I am sort of obsessed with crocheting cowls right now. They are so cozy to wear in this cold weather and I even find myself wearing one inside. It sort of feels like you have grandmas handmade afghan wrapped around your neck except you look way cooler. haha...

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment