Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bead Embroidery Ring

I was bored the other day and decided to do a little bead embroidery. I didn't have a plan for what I was making, but as I worked I started thinking how pretty it might be as a ring. How would I do that???

I decided to make my own ring base to fit the bead embroidery piece. Here is the result!


 I stamped the word "peace" in the middle. I like the idea of having little hidden nuggets on pieces. Just for the wearer. Which might end up being me because I love it so much.
I really love how it turned out BUT.....
It took me what felt like forever to make this. I cut the back plate and shank with a jewelers saw and it took me awhile to get the thing soldered. Hopefully the more I work with metal the faster I will get. I also think buying metal pre-cut for ring shanks would save me a lot of time.

On another note-
Tomorrow I am filling out an application and doing an interview to hopefully be chosen to start classes for something that could turn into a new career path. I am really excited and hope I can get in. If you wouldn't mind please say a prayer for me.
I am believing that 2012 will be full of new adventures!
I pray that 2012 is a great year for you as well!

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting Lindsey!!! I can't wait to hear what happens!!

    ReplyDelete