Friday, March 19, 2010

Scraps Made Beautiful


I have been working on some new leather bracelets and each time I cut a new one out I end up with these random shaped pieces of scrap leather. I almost threw them away and then a few nights ago I decided to play around with my new alphabet stamps and started stamping words into the scraps. I cut around one of the words and then I got an idea. What if I turn these into pendants. Leather pendants??? I don't think I have ever seen one but it sounded like a neat idea. And so I came up with a few necklaces that I REALLY LOVE. So much so that I really don't want to sell them but I am going to none the less. Lucky you..or whoever it is that buys them. There is something about using raw materials and different textures like glass and wood beads-leather cord- and silver charms that makes me think of summer. Being outside and hiking or taking a trip to the beach. The necklaces just have a real laid back natural sort of feel to them.
Check them out at my etsy shop! www.faradaisyjean.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment