Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stuff

 *My mom told me about the show Doc Martin. Have you seen it? We both have Netflix watch instantly and I am always looking for new things to add to my que. I love a lot of the BBC movies so I started watching Doc and I am a bit obsessed.

*I was reading this book until I watched a documentary about Frank Lloyd Wright and realized where this love affair was heading. It's REALLY gruesome and depressing and I moved onto this book. Which is depressing, but interesting. Have any recommendations for the next book I should pick up?

*I have been playing around with wire and wire wrapping a lot in the past few days. I made this really fun wrapped reticulated quartz ring that I will share with you eventually and have been making some earrings as well. I absolutely love silver-smithing, but I just can't really afford to work with the sterling silver sheet right now. Discovering wire wrapping and really just working with wire in general has been a really nice distraction. I also love shopping for new stones and beads to work with. I feel like I am 10 again adding new rocks to my rock collection.

 *My husband is building us a fence! It is almost finished, but here are some pictures I snapped last weekend



side note- My husband is awesome! He can build and fix anything. Seriously-ANYTHING! It's amazing and I am so blessed he has these talents!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!












1 comment:

  1. We loved the Doc Martin series.
    I also love books about life in English villages. Try D E Stevensen. I just read the Lilac Bus by Maeve Binchy, which takes place in ireland.

    Love you rings!

    ReplyDelete