Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Purse

This is my craft table. I seem to be spending a lot of time here these days. I just finished the purse below.
I made a tiny micro purse that I named Love Note Purse in my store and it gave me the idea to actually make a real purse that can fit more than a single coin. This project brought a lot of satisfaction but man oh man did it take a lot of time. I had to draw up the pattern for the purse, tool design, paint design, punch all rivet holes, set rivets, figure out a way to get a liner in there without sewing it. Anyways- I just finished it and I am so exhausted but I think it turned out great. It still needs a strap. I bought some leather to make one but I decided it isn't quite right so the next time I am back in Nashville I will have to get something else.
This is the back design. It says FLOURISH under the flowers. I like the idea of putting encouraging and positive words on some of my pieces. To me they are just good reminders when you see them.
The front. flowers and stars and a ton of rivets. The inside liner is a really cool fabric with muti colored polk-a-dots.
It seems like my blog has been all about my hobby lately. Hope you don't mind.

1 comment: