Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cowl


I say that I am "crafty" but in reality I haven't touched a craft project in quite some time. I go through phases where I over do it on knitting or painting or some other craft and then I take a really long break just to do it all over again.

I tried knitting several years ago and after making a few scarves and attempting a baby blanket I gave up and decided that I liked crocheting better. I don't necessarily think it looks prettier but I can do it way faster than if I knitted.

I came across this blog and saw her pattern for a knitted cowl (aka neck warmer). Something about it motivated me to go out an buy the needles and some new yarn to give it a try. I finished it in two sittings while watching Office reruns on Netflix. I am pretty happy with it. It's really warm and stretchy and was super easy to make. If I really wanted to I could wear it as a hood or pull it down over my shoulders.
sorry for the dark picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment